Sunday, October 16, 2016

Is our world real?

At first I thought that there is no chance that we are living in a simulated universe. But then Mr.Reiff told us about how our computer skills are getting better and how would we know that we haven't made a simulation system that looks very real and you would have no idea that there is a difference. Now I kind of agree with Neil deGrasse Tyson from the Are We Living in a Computer Simulation- Scientific American article. He said "put the odds at 50-50 that our entire existence is a program on someone else’s hard drive." Although there is a very high possibility that our world is a simulation there is still a big chance of our world not being a simulation but being a reality. One piece of evidence that supports that is "Cogito ergo sum", said by RenĂ© Descartes. In English this means I think therefore I am. This shows that nobody can know that people besides themselves are thinking things. You can only know that you are if you can think. I know that I am so I personally think that there is a lot smaller than a 50% of the world being fake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment