Tuesday, September 27, 2016

god characterization mind map

Now that I have completed this assignment I have a different point of view on God. At first I thought God was a powerful man who helped everybody when they needed it. However after reading Genesis I now believe that God was still a powerful man but he used it unreasonably and he was a bad man. I think this because the whole world should not die just because of a group of people. First he could have tried to solve the problems of the people who were rebelling and not listening to his rules and ideas. If this continues to happen and people still kept rebelling I would get rid of the people only in that specific place. I would not make a flood that destroys every living thing. Although I think he was wrong to do what he did I would still tell somebody about it so they can preserve life like what God told Noah. God described exactly how to build the arc and what to put in it. He described it as "This is how you are to make it: the length of the ark three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.​
" Even though I would agree with him for some things, over all I think he was wrong get rid of the whole world for just a group of people. I think the best option would be like in the Epic of Gilgamesh when the city of Uruk was flooded not the whole world. If God did that everybody that he cared about or was a good person could leave and he can get rid of only the persons that were rebelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment